CEREC Same Day Crowns in Schererville, IN
Evolution 4 Dentistry CAD/CAM Restorative systems is a system dedicated to dentists and designed to simplify multiple dental procedures, including implants, teeth restoration and orthodontic procedure using the CAD/CAM technology. Using cutting-edge technology, the system enables dentists to produce multiple dental prostheses and provide one-session treatment for damaged or missing teeth. The system was invented in the ‘80s and has been evolving ever since.
How Same Day Crowns Work
The E4D system is used exclusively in dental offices. To benefit from this type of service, patients need to make an appointment with a dentist using E4D technology. The initial stage involves a traditional teeth evaluation, during which the dentist resents the available options for restoration. Once settled for a crown, bridge, dental implant or veneers, the dentist starts taking pictures of the targeted tooth, neighboring teeth, and opposite teeth using the CT scans, digital radiographs, and visible light scanning. The photos are done using an intra-oral camera which is connected to the computer. Based on the photos, a 3D image of the crown/implant/, etc. is designed by the computer. The information is then sent to a milling center, where the prosthesis is milled from a single block of ceramic. The polishing procedure lasts between 5 to 15 minutes, unlike traditional laboratory-designed prosthesis which takes up to two weeks to return to the dental office.
Once the prosthesis is ready, the dentist fits it in the patient’s mouth. This means that a dental implant, a crown or bridge is a one-session treatment with the E4Dsystem. The digital impressions are far more comfortable than traditional impressions.
Uses of E4D in Dental treatments
E4D is extremely versatile, eases the dentist’s work considerably and decreases the waiting time for the patient. The main uses include:
- Restoration: Crowns, inlays, onlays and veneers are available in just one sitting.
- Implantology: Tooth implant in one session is probably the most appealing thing about the E4D. Thanks to the screw-retained crowns, the dentists can perform the implant in one session and cement the crown onto the implant the same day.
- Orthodontics: The latest E4D innovation is a small intraoral, powder-free camera which enables fast and effective 3D images of all teeth. The impressions can be used for creating straightening devices, especially clear braces (such as Invisalign). The procedure shortens the waiting time for the patient so that the treatment can start in a matter of days.
Benefits of E4D
- One-session treatment for tooth restorations and implant;
- Decreased waiting time for clear braces;
- Accurate teeth impression which prevents bulky crowns or excessive debris;
- Less post-treatment side-effects;
- Aesthetic value due to the ceramic material;
- Much more resistant ceramic crowns and veneers than similar lab-made ceramic devices;
- A more comfortable experience for patients.
Evolution 4 Dentistry has made dental procedures easier, faster and more comfortable for 30 years. Given all its advantages, it is no wonder that more and more dentists switch to E4Dand leave traditional dental-lab made prosthesis behind. To know more about same day crowns in Schererville, get in touch with our office today.